Black rice pudding
written by Agata / photos by Agata
Weekend for me, is the time, when I wake up later, don't rush myself with anything and always prepare something special for breakfast. After whole week of the same boring breakfast, I want to eat something special and super delicious!During working days, breakfast is just another thing to tick off from my daily list, but on a days off from work I like to cherish this moment. To make it even more difficult, I want it to be filling and healthy too.
Todays recipe is super easy to make, but it takes longer than my usual corn flakes and almond milk. Remember to soak rice overnight, that will save you about half an hour and rice will be easier to digest. There are two important indredients in this recipe. Vanilla bean which is intensifying that unmistakable delicate vanilla bouquet of the rice itself and making this breakfast sooo divine! And another special ingredient - coconut flakes, which I bake myself and keep in a sealed container for super aroma and crunchiness.
I think this breakfast would make an excellent dessert too!
Hope you're going to enjoy it!
1/2 cup black rice (soaked overnight if possible)
1 cup almond milk
1/2 vanilla bean
pinch of sea salt
1/2 tbsp ground chia seeds
1 tbsp maple syrup
fruits of your choice
1. Measure and soak the rice overnight (if possible) or at least one hour, then drain and rinse
2. Place rice in a pot with almond milk, salt and vanilla bean and cook covered, stirring frequently until rice is tender and most of milk absorbed (soaked rice about 25-30 mins, unsoaked 50mins)
3. Add ground chia seeds and maple syrup, combine well and remove from heat
4. Prepare your fruits while rice is cooking
5. Place rice in a bowl, top with favourite fruits and coconut flakes
6. You can add more almond milk and maple syrup, it's all up to you.